The Monoprice 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is a professional networking switch that is capable of working within the fastest network systems. The switch conforms to the IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, and IEEE820.3ab standards, allowing it to work with 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps networking products. The 16-port design is perfect for use in large data centers, large and small businesses, and even as part of a larger home network installation.
This rack-mount capable device includes sixteen RJ-45 LAN jacks and sixteen corresponding green/orange link/activity status LEDS on the front panel. The LINK/ACT LEDs will glow or blink orange when a 10 or 100 Mbps connection is detected or active, and they will glow/blink green when a 1000 Mbps connection is detected/active. The switch's internal power supply can handle 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz input and it draws a scant 25 watts power.
Installation is as simple as plugging the unit into a wall outlet and inserting cables into the ports on the front. When using 10BASE-T connections, Cat3 UTP cable is sufficient and when using 100BASE-TX connections Cat5 UTP or STP cable is acceptable. However, when using 1000BASE-T connections, Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 UTP or STP cable is preferred, with Cat6 STP providing the highest level of reliability and signal integrity.
The switch automatically detects the use of straight (MDI) or crossover (MDIX) cables and switches the connection to whichever is needed for the connected device. Therefore any of the sixteen ports can be connected to the upstream hub or router and the others connected to downstream PCs, hubs, or other switches.
This Monoprice switch has an integrated 8K MAC address table and supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging. It supports NWAY auto-negotiation and provides an ultra-fast 32 Gbps backplane bandwidth with non-blocking line speed forwarding.
With all speeds, connections, and functions automatically configured and supported, there is no manual configuration or setup required. Simply plug it in and start using it right away!
- Complies with IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u and IEEE802.3ab Ethernet standards
- Supports Auto MDI/MDIX on each port
- Supports NWAY Auto-Negotiation function
- Provides sixteen 10/100/1000 Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports
- Supports IEEE802.3x flow control for full-duplex and Backpressure flow control for half-duplex
- Provides up to 32 Gbps backplane bandwidth and non-blocking line speed forwarding
- Supports store-and-forward switching method
- Provides MAC address self-learning/auto-aging and 8K MAC address entries
|Supported Standards||IEEE802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet, IEEE802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet, IEEE802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet|
|Network Cable Required||10BASE-T: UTP Cat3 or better; 100BASE-TX UTP/STP Cat5 or better; 1000BASE-T: UTP/STP Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6|
|Number of Ports||16|
|Transfer Mode||Store and forward|
|MAC Address Table||8K|
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rate||Ethernet: 14880 pps (10Mbps) per port; Fast Ethernet: 148800 pps (100 Mbps) per port; Gigabit Ethernet: 1488000 pps (1000 Mbps)|
|MAC Address Learning||Self-learning and auto-aging|
|Operating Temperature||+32 to +104°F (0 to +40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to +158°F (-40 to +70°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10-90%, no condensing|
|Storage Humidity||5-90%, no condensing|
|AC Input Power||100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.6A max|
|Power Consumption||25 watts|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||17 11/32" x 1 3/4" x 8 1/4"|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC, CE, RoHS|
Included in the Box:
- 1x 16-port gigabit ethernet switch
- 1x AC power cord (56")
- 2x Rack mount brackets
- 6x Rack mount screws
- 4x Rubber feet
- 1x User guide
| rated by 26 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.