The USB-to-Serial Converter Cable allows you to connect an RS232 serial device to your PC through the USB 2.0 port with up to 230 kbps data transfer rate. This 3 foot long cable has a DB9 male connector (serial) on one end and a USB A male connector on the other.
- Uses the Prolific PL-2303 chipset
- Supports automatic handshake mode
- Works with cellular phones, PDAs, digital cameras, modems, and ISDN terminal adapters
- Supports Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Mac 8.6 and higher, and Linux (NOT compatible with Windows 8)
- Supports remote wake-up and power management
- Frees your RS-232 ports for other uses or provides an RS232 connector for PCs without a serial port
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8!!
Note that, although the packaging indicates that there is a manual included with this device, there is no manual included. We will get this discrepancy corrected as soon as possible.
|USB to Serial Convert Cable ( DB9M / USB A Male) - 3FT|
|Question: Where do you get drivers if the disc isnt working?|
|Answer: You can find the driver on the CD under D:\Prolific\PL2303\ or you can download it from here http://www.drivers-download.com/en/download.php?id=180&did=30. |
|Question: Installing the usb to serial converter?|
|Answer: Please do not plug in the cable to the computer before the driver installation. Please run the ''PL-2303 Driver Installer.exe'' file in D:\Prolific\PL2303\windows 32bit for XP and Vista 32 bit, assume D:\ is your CD-ROM. (Vista 64-bit D:\Prolific\PL2303\Vista 64bit, XP 64-bit wd_pl2303h-hx-x_64-bit_v2018) When the installation is done, then plug in the cable. |
If the cable is plugged in before the installation, Windows might pick up the wrong driver on the CD. If this is the case please go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, then remove PL-2303 USB-to-Serial. After that please remove the cable and restart the computer, then follow the instructions above to install the driver.
| rated by 144 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.