Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse, etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X® 10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move!
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG wires
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 20 meters (65 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
Microsoft, Windows, Vista, and Kinect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
| rated by 32 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.