65ft 20M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension)
Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse, etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X® 10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move!
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG wires
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 20 meters (65 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
Microsoft, Windows, Vista, and Kinect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
99.06% of the reviewers recommend this productADD YOUR REVIEW
65' USB works on LG touch screen tv
- MADISON, WI
- 6/23/2015 1:23:13 PM
Pros: Work Well when other wouldn't
Cable coating is thick and tough
Cons: Signal booster in middle of cable
I need a long USB cable to run from a wall mounted touch screen to a conference room table and this cable works well. In the past have tried to use this touchscreen with various USB extension devices and it would not work with them. with this cable it works well and is stable
- San Diego, CA
- 1/7/2015 10:15:15 AM
Pros: Good quality materials
I'm genuinely surprised this cable even works. Used it with cameras and mics without issue over the last few years. Completely satisfied.
very long USB cables work perfectly
- Oak Park, CA
- 11/10/2014 2:25:58 PM
Pros: work perfectly:-)
I purchased 8 extra long (80', 65', 45', etc.) USB cables to add to each of the 10' cables that I purchased, one for each camera, and the pictures are perfect.
7533 65ft 20M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable
- Kaneohe, HI
- 3/21/2014 10:40:24 AM
Pros: It is the right length. Materials protecting the outside of the cable are good.
Cons: I have a Tandberg/CISCO PrecisionHD camera. I purchased the cable for this camera, but it did not work with it. I also tried it with a Microsoft LifeCam HD. It worked with the LifeCam.
My best guess is at that length of cable, power amplification is required for some cameras.
better than using RJ-45 extenders
- 3/3/2014 11:52:41 AM
Pros: Price was great. Better using one pre-made cable 65ft long than buying 2-piece extender for each end and fabricating an RJ-45 cable for the middle.
Not using this to transfer data so I can't speak to transfer speeds. Works great as an extension for a wireless keyboard and mouse antenna though.
Cons: Not too much of a con: The female end of the cable has a built-on box which made me have to drill a larger hole than I would have liked to get that end of the cable to where I needed it to go.
Very happy with my purchase. I will be keeping MonoPrice.com bookmarked for future purchases.