Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
49ft 15M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension)
Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse, etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X® v10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3 Move!
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
Note that the packaging indicates that this cable uses 26/22 AWG wires, however it actually uses 28/24 AWG wires as noted in the Features below.
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connector
- 28/24 AWG wires
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 15 meters (49 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
Microsoft, Windows, Vista, and Kinect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
PROS: Good Signal over long distance.
CONS: Mid-line Booster requires large hole to run thru walls and floors
PROS: Easily powered a 4-port usb hub with mouse and a couple of thumb drives.
CONS: no light indicators like the other 2-port model here.
Works as designed
CONS: Cable comes wound tight, will take a while to smooth out and not bunch up.
PROS: work perfectly:-)
PROS: Work as advertised.
PROS: Great price and works like a charm with my PS3 Move.
(Except it's a little bit of a pain to run through wall/joists with the size of the ends and the box in the middle of the cable. You'll need to drill 1-1/4" holes.)
PROS: Work great with my Xbox Kinect.
PROS: Works great! Send me another.
PROS: i use a keyboard and mouse on the 49 foot USB and it works with no issue. i ran the cord through my ceiling and it is well built and very durable.
PROS: Price, quality