Component video, also known as YPbPr, produces the highest quality analog video. This cable includes conductors for each of the three video channels (Red, Green, Blue) as well as the two stereo audio channels (Red and White) and is ideal for connecting the analog output of DVD players and VCRs to the corresponding inputs on your TV.
The video conductors in this cable are made from RG-6 coaxial cable, with 18AWG cores and shielding to prevent EMI and RFI interference from disturbing your video signal. The audio lines utilize 27AWG stranded conductors. The connectors are gold plated to ensure smooth, corrosion-free connections. The connector housings have color-coded, knurled rubber rings for easy identification and a perfect grip when installing or removing the cable.
This cable is CL2 rated, indicating that it conforms with fire safety and insurance requirements, making it safe for use through or within the walls of residential class buildings.
Color Coded: Green, Red and Blue (Component Video) & Red, White (Stereo Audio)
- Triple heavy-duty super shielded RG-6/U coaxial cables to maximum signal transfer and minimize interference.
- Gold plated RCA plugs to improve conductivity.
- Color coded and labeled for the luminance (Y) and chrominance (Pr, Pb) Signals.
- Solid center conductor: 18 AWG (1*1.02) Super shielding: 120 % aluminum foil + 9*16/0.12 Braid
Fully molded construction. Excellent quality.
- 26 AWG (10/0.12) Super shielding: 120 % aluminum foil + 48/0.12 Braid
|3ft 18AWG CL2 Premium 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial Cable (RG-6/U) - Black|
|Question: What's the difference between the Standard RG59 Component Cables and the Premium RG6 Component Cables?|
|Answer: The standard cables use a thinner RG59 coax cabling with a 22AWG (american wire guage) center wire and comes with standard molded connectors. |
The Premium cables use a more heavy duty RG6 coax cabling with an 18AWG center wire and comes with heavy duty composite connectors for a better grip on your RCA terminals.
The premium is preferable for extended runs and/or in-wall use.
|Question: Why do some of your component cables have 5 RCA connectors while others have only 3?|
|Answer: The 5 RCA cables have two additional connectors to connect the left and right audio channels. The 3 RCA connector cable transmit component Video only.|
|Question: Can I use these as interconnects for a 5.1 analog audio system?|
|Answer: No, because there are only 5 lines, you would be short one connection for the .1 (subwoofer). Also, the two audio lines are longer than the 3 video lines meaning the lengths will be unbalanced. It's better to use a pair of our 3 RCA component cables for this purpose.|
|Question: What is RG59 and RG6?|
|Answer: RG stands for Radio Guide. It's a specification for types of Coaxial cables. It defines specs such as gauge and impedance. In this case, RG6 uses a thicker gauge than RG 59 and both are 75ohm.|
|Question: What resolution will these cables support?|
|Answer: Up to 1080p.|
| rated by 22 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.