*** !!! WARNING !!! ***
Note that this cable is NOT an ordinary HDMI® cable. This is specifically for connecting a device with an HDMI connector to another device equipped with a Single Link DVI-D connector, typically found on PCs, projectors, and older video equipment before the HDMI standard became widespread. These cables can NOT carry audio. They carry video signals only!
If you are looking for a High Speed HDMI Cable or a Standard HDMI Cable to connect equipment with HDMI connectors, please look at one of the following categories instead:
*** !!! WARNING !!! ***
This HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable is capable of video performance equivalent to a High Speed HDMI Cable.
The CL2 rating on this cable indicates that its outer jacket has been designed to burn more slowly, thereby making it safe for use inside or through the walls of residential classed buildings. The CL2 rating ensures that your cable installation complies with fire safety codes and insurance requirements.
TIP: It is a good idea to test cables and connections before installing them inside a wall. If there are any issues or problems, we can help you resolve them before you spend the time, effort, and expense of installing them inside the walls.
The Net Jacket on this cable is an additional mesh jacket outside the normal cable jacket. It provides an additional layer of protection for the cable jacket to keep it safe from nicks and cuts that otherwise might penetrate the jacket and render the cable useless.
This cable is capable of the following HDMI video features:
- 1080p Resolution - The High Speed HDMI Cable has sufficient bandwidth to transfer 1080p video signals between 1080p rated source and sink (display) devices.
- 3D - 3D is the latest rage for both home theater and gaming. A High Speed HDMI Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth requirements of 3D signals.
- 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz, which is four times that of a 1080p display and the same resolution used by state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems. A High Speed HDMI Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth required for 4K support.
- Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. Other versions of Deep Color allow for up to 16-bits per element, for a total of 48-bits and over 281 trillion color variations, which really makes your video images come to life!
- x.v.Color™ - x.v.Color is a promotion name given to the products that have the capability to realize a wide color space based on the xvYCC specifications and is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Currently, only AVCHD and Playstation 3 devices support x.v.Color.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
x.v.Color is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
AVCHD and AVCHD logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
PlayStation and PlayStation 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
|Features and Specifications|
|Connector Type||HDMI male to DVI-D Single-Link male|
|Number of Conductors||19|
|Supported Resolutions||480i to 4k|
|Bandwidth||up to 340 MHz per channel (1.02 GHz total)|
|Data Throughput||up to 3.4 Gbps per channel (10.2 Gbps total)|
|Deep Color||10-bit, 12-bit, and 3x16-bit (48-bit RGB or YCbCr), X.V.Color|
|UL File #||E139956|
|UL Style #||20276|
|15ft 24AWG CL2 High Speed HDMI® to DVI Adapter Cable w / Net Jacket - Black|
|Question: Is it true I will loose audio with this connection?|
|Answer: Yes, it is true that DVI will not pass the HDMI audio signal, only the video. So you'll need to make a separate audio connection to get sound.|
|Question: Does this cable pass and HDCP signal?|
|Answer: Yes, this cable will pass an HDCP signal because it is required by HDMI. While most consumer electronics devices with DVI connectors will be HDCP compliant, not all computer devices are. So make sure that any computer devices you connect with this cable is HDCP compliant. This pertains to projectors, computer monitors and computer graphics cards.|
| rated by 56 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.