Experience superb sonic clarity and accurate musical reproduction with this S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable from Monoprice!
The Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format provides for a Digital Optical Audio signal, commonly referred to as Toslink. Toslink allows for the distribution of uncompressed 2-channel PCM audio or compressed multichannel audio, such as DTS® or Dolby® 5.1 or 7.1. Being an optical signal, Toslink is immune to problems that can plague electrical signals, such as crosstalk, magnetic interference, or radio frequency interference.
This cable features a full-sized Toslink connector on each end, with molded connector heads and strain-relief boots.
- Full-sized male Digital Optical Audio (Toslink) connectors at each end
- 5.0mm outside diameter
- Molded strain relief connectors reduce strain where the cable and connectors meet
- Gold plated ferrule resists corrosion and provides maximum protection for the connector tip
- Precision polished fiber tips for maximum signal transfer
- Plastic tip protectors attached to each end to protect the optical cable when not in use
DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
|S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable, 50ft|
|Question: What's the difference between 5.0mm and 8.0mm and how do I know which size to get?|
|Answer: The measurements are of the outer diameter of the cable body itself. It does not affect the connectors. Either will work and the cables are interchangeable regardless of it's thickness. The thicker bodies cable are more durable, better looking and come with a protective nylon mesh outer covering.|
|Question: Are your Toslink Digital Optical cables plastic or glass? |
Is one better than the other?
|Answer: All our Toslink cables are POF (Plastic Optical Fiber). |
For most audio systems, you should not hear any difference between a plastic optical cable and a glass quartz optical cable unless your are at lengths exceeding 100 feet and transmitting at extreme bandwidth levels.
In fact, the performance with plastic has been improving because the Opto-electrical Components (used in Audio Equipment) are designed to interface with POF fibers.
| rated by 22 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.