The USB 2.0 to DVI Display Adapter allows you to connect an extra monitor to your desktop PC or laptop's USB port. The connected monitor can be configured to either clone your primary screen, or extend the Windows desktop allowing visibility of more applications at the same time.
The driver used to control the extra screen uses very little computer resource and offers a vast array of screen resolutions and color depths. This ensures that there is little difference in performance between a directly connected screen and a screen connected through the adapter.
It supports up to six simultaneous displays, including widescreen displays, thereby extending your desktop and your horizons. It operates at a maximum resolution of 1280x1024/1400x1050.
- Can easily Mirror the main display
- Includes DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI® adapters
- Extend left, right, above, or below
- Can be rotated left, right, or upside-down
- Maximum: 1280x1024 or 1400x1050 Digital (@60Hz 32-bit)
- Minimum: 1024 x 786 (@ 60,70,75,85Hz 32-bit)
- USB Bus Powered - Ultra Low Power
- Compatible with CRT, LCD, and Projector displays
- Standard and Widescreen aspect ratios
- Uses high-performance DDR memory
- Uses a virtual driver
- Stackable by design with a small footprint
- Completely silent operation
- Onboard power and status LED indicators
- Portable - ideal for travel
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows® XP (32-bit) Vista/7/8/8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X® 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9 (Intel-based Macs only)
- User's Manual for Windows (Sep 30, 2014)
- User's Manual for Windows (Apr 25, 2014)
- User's Manual for Mac OS X (Mar 22, 2013)
- User's Manual for Mac OS X (Oct 17, 2008)
- User's Manual (Nov 13, 2008)
- Drivers for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 (32/64 bit) ver 7.7M0 (Sep 29, 2014)
- Drivers for Windows XP (32-bit), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 (32/64 bit) ver 7.6M2 (Apr 25, 2014)
- Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6-10.9 ver 2.2 (Jun 10, 2014)
- Drivers for Mac OS X 10.4-10.7 ver 1.7 (Dec 8, 2011)
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- 1x USB 2.0 to DVI Display Adapter
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 1x CD-ROM with User Guide and Installation Software
- 1x 4ft USB 2.0 Cable
- 1x DVI to VGA Adapter
- 1x DVI to HDMI Adapter
|USB 2.0 to DVI Display Adapter (1280x1024)|
|Question: Does this unit come with a power adapter?|
|Answer: No, none are needed. The converter is a low power device and draws power directly from the USB port it is attached to.|
|Question: I''ve connected it, but don''t seem to get any output.|
|Answer: Did you make sure to load the drivers before connecting the device? |
Are you connecting directly to the computer or to a passive hub?
Since the device draws power directly from the port, it''s best to connect it directly to the computer or a powered hub.
Do you see the device in the Device Manager?
If you do not, or you see an error message (exclamation point), try deleting and reloading the drivers or try connecting to a different USB port.
|Question: Will this connector allow me to view an extended desktop or clone desktop?|
|Answer: It will support either mode. The device will appear in the display settings as an additional video output port and give you independant control over the output settings. So, you can extend your desktop across to the additional monitor or clone the existing images. |
|Question: Will this device output audio?|
|Answer: Of the USB to Video converters, only PID# 5323 will output any audio. All the others are Video only devices.|
|Question: I recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion, and now my adapter doesn't work?|
|Answer: The issue can be fixed by downloading the updated drivers located here: http://displaylink.org/forum/attachment.php?s=39d4301e651e82636b1b6bb8cee53adc&attachmentid=379&d=1309354291|
| rated by 15 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.