Do you have a Wii®, PS2®, PS3®, Xbox 360™, and PC, and are looking for a way to hook them all up to your big-screen HDTV? Or are you an AV enthusiast with an older AV receiver, without HDMI® inputs and some older equipment with only DVI or Component outputs? This Converter/Switch is just what you need!
Until now, most AV switches supported just one type of video input - either component or HDMI®, but not both. And if you have DVI, well, you've got to buy a converter to turn it into HDMI® before you can use that. Now Monoprice offers the ultimate power-user's Video Converter Switch with HDMI®, DVI, and component video inputs, plus a built-in converter module for HDMI® video output.
The unit has two HDMI® inputs, which is normal enough and lets you plug in your PS3® and Xbox360™. The third input is set for DVI (digital, single-link) signals, so you can connect to your PC. The last two inputs are Component (YPbPr) video, so you can add your Wii® and PS2®. The DVI and Component inputs each allow for Analog stereo L/R, Digital Coaxial, or Optical Toslink audio inputs.
The output of the unit is standard HDMI® for your HDTV or for use with another switch, splitter, or HDMI® matrix. Along with the audio on the HDMI® signal, it also simultaneously outputs audio in Analog stereo L/R RCA, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink, so you can connect to your amplifier and get a room full of sound, no matter what type of inputs it supports.
Switching between inputs can be done manually with front panel controls, by using the included remote control, or by hooking up a computer to the RS232 connector and sending programmed signals. The unit remembers which input source was last used and will return to that source whenever it is powered on.
So, whether you're a power gamer or an AV enthusiast with older, but still serviceable, equipment, this Converter Switch is just what you've been looking for!
- Two HDMI® audio/video inputs with support for compressed (LPCM) and uncompressed (DTS-HD Master Audio™ and Dolby TrueHD™) audio
- Two Component video inputs with associated Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink audio inputs
- One DVI (digital single-link) video input with associated Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink audio inputs
- Built-in video converter to convert DVI (digital single-link) and Component video inputs to HDMI® output
- Built-in audio converter to convert Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink inputs to HDMI®, Analog L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink
- Supports simultaneous audio output on HDMI®, Analog stereo L/R, Digital Coaxial, and Optical Toslink outputs, regardless of audio input type
- Supports video resolutions up to 1080p
- Supports 165 MHz/1.65 Gbps per channel (4.95 Gbps all channel) bandwidth
- Supports 8-bit per channel (24-bit all channel) deep color
- Supports uncompressed audio, such as LPCM for HDMI® input
- Supports compressed audio, such as DTS® Digital, Dolby® Digital, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™ for HDMI® input
- Supports Toslink+Coaxial+ L/R Audio for DVI and YPbPr (Component) input
- Rack mountable (brackets not included)
- Gold plated video and audio connectors
- FCC, CE, UL (Canadian and US), and RoHS compliant
Note: Monoprice strongly recommends the use of minimum 24 AWG HDMI® cables when connecting a device, such as this splitter, between the source and destination devices to ensure minimal signal loss and maximum High Speed signal reliability.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
PlayStation, PlayStation 3, PS2, and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Wii is a registered trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.