If you're like most people, you have your home theater setup in one room, but have TVs in other rooms as well. This gives everyone in the house the ability to watch what they want, when they want. But what if the kids want to watch a DVD while you want to watch the big game in the living room with your friends? You can lug the DVD player to the other room for the kids, but a better solution is to use an this 4x4 True Matrix HDMI® Switch from Monoprice!
With this switch you don't need to move equipment from room-to-room, nor do you have to buy duplicate equipment for the other rooms in your home. This matrix provides 4 HDMI inputs, which allows you to connect the Xbox 360™, cable box, blu-ray player, and the output from your Android phone. Any of these four inputs can be independently selected for either of the four outputs. Each display can select the same or different inputs.
The switch includes a remote control, allowing direct selection of any of the inputs for each of the four outputs. Additionally, the matrix can be controlled by a computer, via an RS232 serial port, as well as front panel controls.
The matrix supports the full High Speed 1080p@60Hz HDMI video resolution and features a 6.75Gbps bandwidth, sufficient to support 3D video, 36-bit Deep Color, x.v.Color™, and high-definition multichannel audio, including Dolby TrueHD™ and DTS-HD Master Audio™. It is powered by an included 5 VDC, 2A AC adapter. The four input and four output HDMI ports are gold plated to ensure smooth, corrosion-free connections. It measures about 11" x 5.8" x 1.5".
Note: Monoprice strongly recommends using 22AWG, 24AWG, or active HDMI cables with Redmere technology to achieve the best results and to ensure minimum signal loss over longer distances.
- User's Manual (Jul 8, 2011)
- RS232 Control Codes (Aug 4, 2009)
- RS232 Control Connection (Sep 24, 2012)
- RS232 Control Application for Windows ver 09.0.1 (May 20, 2009)
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
x.v.Color is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
Xbox and Xbox 360 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Dimensions: 11" wide x 1.5" high x 5.75" deep.
|4X4 True Matrix HDMI® Powered Switch w/ Remote (Rev. 3.0)|
|Question: RS232 Instructions|
|Answer: This configuration is *known* to work properly with the 4x4 HDMI Matrix switch (PID 5704) and may be used for testing purposes. |
1) Build a custom db9 cable. All pins configured straight through, except pins 2 & 3 crossover.
2) Get Hercules Terminal for windows. (http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html)
3) Run Hercules terminal and switch to the serial tab
4) Verify com port is the correct port number that you connected to. Baud=9600. Data size=8. Parity=None. Handshake=Off. Mode=Free.
5) Make sure you have video sources plugged in and turned on for inputs 1 and 2. Make sure you have a tv (or other display) connected to output A.
6) Type “00FFD57B” in the send field. Click the “hex” checkbox. Then click send. This will set the A output to input 1.
7) Type “01FED57B” in the send field. Make sure the hex box is checked. Then click send. This will set the A output to input 2.
|Question: The picture from my switch is constantly flickering, even though I have 24AWG or thicker HDMI cables.|
|Answer: The issue could be caused by a device or cable nearby the setup,or in the setup causing interference. Try rerouting cable paths and distancing devices from sources of interference, such as moving routers and other networking cables away from the switch setup.|
| rated by 171 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.