The new HDMI® specification is here and ready to turn your High Definition video experience into an Ultra High Definition experience. Of course, Monoprice is ready with the 18Gbps Ultra Slim High Speed HDMI Cables with RedMere® Technology needed to make it all happen!
The new HDMI specification adds several new features, including an over 75% increase in the bandwidth requirement, from 10.2Gbps to 18Gbps. These new High Speed HDMI Cables have been engineered to deliver at least the full 18Gbps data required by the new HDMI spec.
The RedMere Technology allows these cables to support the full 18Gbps to longer distances, while using thinner conductors than ordinary cables. A typical passive High Speed HDMI Cable can reach a maximum length of 25 feet using 22AWG conductors, which results in a cable as thick as your index finger. On the other hand, High Speed HDMI Cables with RedMere Technology can deliver the full 18Gbps bandwidth to up to 60 feet using 28AWG conductors, which results in a cable about half the diameter.
While existing High Speed HDMI Cables can handle each individual feature in the new spec, real-world video usage usually employs more than one HDMI feature at the same time. For example, your resolution at 1080p is one feature, 36-bit Deep Color is another, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ is another, all of which have significant bandwidth requirements. The difference between the older 10.2Gbps cables and these newer 18Gbps cables is the need to compromise in your choices versus no need for compromise.
These cables support all of the following features from the latest HDMI spec:
- 4096x2160p (4K) UHDTV resolution @ 60 Hz refresh rate
- Up to 32 audio channels
- Up to 1536 KHz audio sampling rate
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to 4 clients
- Full support for the 21:9 cinema aspect ratio
- Dynamic synchronization of audio and video streams
- Extended CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) commands and functions
Additionally, these cables support all the following features from previous HDMI specifications:
- 1920x1080p HDTV resolution @ 60 Hz refresh rate
- 4096x2160p (4K) resolution @ 30 Hz refresh rate
- 3D video
- Deep Color up to 16-bits per channel (48-bit total)
- Audio Return Channel
- HDMI Ethernet Channel
- High definition multichannel audio, including DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD™
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
RedMere is a registered trademark of Redmere Technology, Ltd.
x.v.Color is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.