A High Speed HDMI® Cable from Monoprice is the only way to ensure that you have the ability to pass ALL signals authorized in the latest HDMI feature specification.
Rather than being bunched into a large diameter cable bundle, the wires of this cable are spread out horizontally, giving the cable a flatter form factor, which is easier to maneuver around corners, behind shelves or cabinets, etc. This is accomplished without sacrificing any shielding integrity or reducing the cable's ability to reliably pass high-bandwidth HDMI signals.
The CL2 rating on this cable indicates that its outer jacket has been designed to burn more slowly, thereby making it safe for use inside or through the walls of residential classed buildings. The CL2 rating ensures that your cable installation complies with fire safety codes and insurance requirements.
TIP: It is a good idea to test cables and connections before installing them inside a wall. If there are any issues or problems, we can help you resolve them before you spend the time, effort, and expense of installing them inside the walls.
This cable supports the following HDMI features:
- 1080p Resolution - The High Speed HDMI Cable has sufficient bandwidth to transfer 1080p video signals between 1080p rated source and sink (display) devices.
- Audio Return Channel - Normally, your HDMI cable carries audio information along with the video from a source device (e.g. blu-ray player) to the sink device (display/television). Often times this goes through an AV receiver to drive a home theater audio system. The Audio Return Channel is primarily used to send the audio signal generated by the television when its internal tuner is used, back to the AV receiver, so that you can use your home theater audio system when watching television signals.
- 3D - 3D is the latest rage for both home theater and gaming. A High Speed HDMI Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth requirements of 3D signals.
- 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz, which is four times that of a 1080p display and the same resolution used by state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems. A High Speed HDMI Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth required for 4K support.
- Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. Other versions of Deep Color allow for up to 16-bits per element, for a total of 48-bits and over 281 trillion color variations, which really makes your video images come to life!
- x.v.Color™ - x.v.Color is a promotion name given to the products that have the capability to realize a wide color space based on the xvYCC specifications and is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Currently, only AVCHD and Playstation 3 devices support x.v.Color.
- High Definition Audio - HDMI supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
x.v.Color is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
AVCHD and AVCHD logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
PlayStation and PlayStation 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.