A Standard HDMI® Cable from Monoprice is the only way to ensure that you have the ability to pass the standard signals authorized in the latest HDMI feature specification.
The built-in equalizer on this cable is used to regenerate and restore the proper timings of the TMDC and DDC signals. This helps boost the HDMI signal, allowing it to be reliably transmitted over longer distances. No external power is required for this function, it is entirely driven by the internal 5VDC signal carried over the HDMI cable.
The equalizer has a dial with which you can set the level of boost that is given to the signal. The amount of boost depends largely on the strength of the equipment. Equipment with stronger output signals should use settings in the 1-4 range, while weaker signals will need more boost using settings in the 5-7 range.
Although this cable may work with High Speed 1080p signals, Monoprice recommends the use of an HDMI extender for more reliable transmission of High Speed and 3D enhanced HDMI signals over long distances.
The CL2 rating on this cable indicates that its outer jacket has been designed to burn more slowly, thereby making it safe for use inside or through the walls of residential classed buildings. The CL2 rating ensures that your cable installation complies with fire safety codes and insurance requirements.
TIP: It is a good idea to test cables and connections before installing them inside a wall. If there are any issues or problems, we can help you resolve them before you spend the time, effort, and expense of installing them inside the walls.
This cable supports the following HDMI features:
- 720p/1080i Resolution - The Standard HDMI Cable has sufficient bandwidth to transfer 720p/1080i video signals between 720p/1080i rated source and sink (display) devices.
- Audio Return Channel - Normally, your HDMI cable carries audio information along with the video from a source device (e.g. blu-ray player) to the sink device (display/television). Often times this goes through an AV receiver to drive a home theater audio system. The Audio Return Channel is primarily used to send the audio signal generated by the television when its internal tuner is used, back to the AV receiver, so that you can use your home theater audio system when watching television signals.
- Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. Other versions of Deep Color allow for up to 16-bits per element, for a total of 48-bits and over 281 trillion color variations, which really makes your video images come to life!
- x.v.Color™ - x.v.Color is a promotion name given to the products that have the capability to realize a wide color space based on the xvYCC specifications and is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Currently, only AVCHD and PlayStation 3 devices support x.v.Color.
- High Definition Audio - HDMI supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
x.v.Color is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
AVCHD and AVCHD logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
PlayStation and PlayStation 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.