Get outstanding vocal and acoustic reproduction with this Gold Sputtered Large Diaphragm Condenser Studio Recording Microphone from Monoprice!
This professional quality microphone features a 6-micron gold sputtered diaphragm for superior responsiveness. The mic uses a cardioid pickup pattern and reproduces frequencies from 30Hz to 20KHz. It has a 15mV/PA (-36dB) sensitivity, with a maximum SPL of 137dB at 0.5% THD.
The mic requires 48V phantom power to operate and has a standard XLR connection. A switchable high-pass filter with 6dB/octave attenuation at 150 Hz helps reduce bass boom from the proximity effect, while a second switch enables a -10dB pre-attenuation pad, which reduces the possibility of overloading the mic's internal circuitry.
The microphone comes with a shock mount, which isolates the microphone from vibrations on the mic stand. The mic measures about 6.2" long x 2.3" diameter. The shock mount measures approximately 5.7" x 4.6" x 2.6".
This microphone was reviewed by Joseph Lemmer at TapeOp magazine. You can read the review here.
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- XLR Connector: Gold plated
- Capsule Size: 0.87 in. (22mm)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (15mV/Pa)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Pre-Attenuation Switch: 0 dB, -10 dB
- High Pass Filter: 6 dB/octave @ 150Hz
- Equivalent noise: 19dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 137 dB
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Shock Mount Screw Thread Size: 5/8 in.
- Size: 59mm x 158mm/2.32 in. x 6.22 in.
- Weight: 1 lb/453.59g
| rated by 43 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.