Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Get outstanding vocal and acoustic reproduction with this Gold Sputtered Large Diaphragm Condenser Studio Recording Microphone from Monoprice!
This professional quality microphone features a 6-micron gold sputtered diaphragm for superior responsiveness. The mic uses a cardioid pickup pattern and reproduces frequencies from 30Hz to 20KHz. It has a 15mV/PA (-36dB) sensitivity, with a maximum SPL of 137dB at 0.5% THD.
The mic requires 48V phantom power to operate and has a standard XLR connection. A switchable high-pass filter with 6dB/octave attenuation at 150 Hz helps reduce bass boom from the proximity effect, while a second switch enables a -10dB pre-attenuation pad, which reduces the possibility of overloading the mic's internal circuitry.
The microphone comes with a shock mount, which isolates the microphone from vibrations on the mic stand. The mic measures about 6.2" long x 2.3" diameter. The shock mount measures approximately 5.7" x 4.6" x 2.6".
This microphone was reviewed by Joseph Lemmer at TapeOp magazine. You can read the review here.
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- XLR Connector: Gold plated
- Capsule Size: 0.87 in. (22mm)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (15mV/Pa)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Pre-Attenuation Switch: 0 dB, -10 dB
- High Pass Filter: 6 dB/octave @ 150Hz
- Equivalent noise: 19dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 137 dB
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Shock Mount Screw Thread Size: 5/8 in.
- Size: 59mm x 158mm/2.32 in. x 6.22 in.
- Weight: 1 lb/453.59g