5-1/4 Inches Kevlar 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair) - 50W Nominal, 100W Max
Monoprice brings custom in-wall speakers to new levels of afforability with our line of Monoprice Brand Premium in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. These new high fidelity units deliver the high quality craftsmanship and construction you've come to expect from Monoprice brand products at a fraction of what you would expect to pay for them retail.
In-wall and in-ceiling speakers allow you to expand your listening environment throughout your entire home as well as remove the clutter of giant box speakers giving you back your living space. In either case it's a win-win situation for those who desire high fidelity and those who put emphasis on decor.
Kevlar cones are light weight yet extremely rigid providing very precise audio with minimal distortion normally caused by cone flex. Our Kevlar speakers are matched with an equally precise silk membrane dome tweeter made of titanium fiber thread and a high quality crossover network to ensure high fidelity and low distortion. The lower distortion levels allow the speaker to be driven harder and handle higher peak power levels. The main benefit our Kevlar speakers are the clarity and fidelity at which they produce audio.
- Light and rigid, well balanced, yellow woven Kevlar cone woofers for distortion free reproduction
- Oversized magnets for more impactful bass
- Precision titanium silk membrane dome tweeters for sweeter highs and pure sonic clarity
- Pivoting tweeters allow you to point the accoustics to the prime listening position for a more accurate and immersive sonic experience
- Adjustable crossover switch allows you to match the speakers to the sonic characteristics of your listening environment and the location in which you place them
- 50W nomimal and 100W maximum power handling capacity ensures that these drivers won't be overdriven or easily blown out
- 8 ohms standard impediance ensure they can be safely driven by even the most modest home theater recievers
Please note that this video shows the specific instructions for installation of PID 4101. However, it is representational of the steps, tools, and types of procedures that would be used for the installation of any in-wall or in-ceiling speaker and is included on this page for reference purposes only. Please refer to the installation instructions of the in-wall or in-ceiling speaker you have for the specific dimensions and installation procedures.
Note that the price listed in the video was the price for PID 4101 at the time the video was made. Prices can fluctuate up and down based on production costs and the value of the US$ against foreign currencies.
|Frequency Response||68 Hz ~ 20 kHz|
|Power Handling Capacity||50 Watts Nominal, 100 Maximum|
|Woofer||5.25" Kevlar Woven Cone Woofer w/ 15.4oz Magnet and rubber surrounds|
|Tweeter||3/4" Titanium Silk Membrane Dome (Pivoting) 20° swivel|
|Voice Coil||⌀35mm K.S.V.|
|Sensitivity||87dB ±2db (1.0m/2.83V)|
|Crossover||12dB per Octave (with -3dB, -6dB Switch)|
|Cut-Out Dimensions||6.9" (175mm)|
|Overall Dimensions||8.3" (213mm)|
|Mounting Depth||3" (72mm)|
- 2x 5.25" 2-way in-ceiling speaker w/ grill
- 1x Cutout template and paint mask
- 1x Installation instructions
- 1x Grill removal tool
- 1x Grill putty