MHL is here!
The Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is a new standard for use with tablets and smartphones. It sends the audio and video signals through the micro USB connector and converts it to an HDMI® signal for use on HDTVs. The signal remains in digital format throughout the entire transmission and conversion process, so no quality is lost.
This is a single-cable adapter solution for all MHL compatible Android devices. Additionally, it includes an 11-pin to 5-pin adapter cable so that it can be used with the Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II. Normally you would need an MHL to HDMI adapter, an HDMI cable, and another micro USB cable to provide power to the converter, but this single cable has all you need. Just plug the micro USB end into your Android device, plug the USB A end into a USB power source (computer, charger, etc.), and plug the HDMI end into your TV. The cable is 29" long on the micro USB end and 69" long on the USB A male end. It supports all video resolutions, including 1080p, and up to 8 channels of audio (for 7.1 surround sound). It also supports 3D video and HDCP media protection.
Some devices (such as the HTC EVO 3D) can supply sufficient power from their internal batteries to drive the adapter. For others, or in the event you want to charge your device while using the AV output, you can plug the USB cable into a USB power source.
The current list of MHL compatible devices can be found on the Official MHL Consortium Website.
* The Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II require the use of an 11-to-5 pin Micro USB adapter to use a standard 5-pin MHL adapter.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
| rated by 64 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.