Quickly and easily add IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi® connectivity to a Windows, Mac, or Linux desktop of laptop PC using this Mini USB Wireless LAN 802.11n Adapter from Monoprice!
This simple little adapter plugs into an available USB 2.0 port on a laptop or desktop PC. It utilizes the Realtek RTL8188SU integrated single-chip Wireless LAN (WLAN) USB 2.0 network interface controller, which combines a MAC, a 1T1R capable baseband, and RF in a single chip. It provides a single transmit path and a single receive path (1T1R) and delivers upload and download speeds up to 150Mbps.
It includes support for 64-bit and 128-bit WEP encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, and TKIP/AES security protocols. It is compatible with the Microsoft Window 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit versions), Mac OS X 10.4 ~ 10.8, and Linux Kernel 2.6.18 ~ 2.6.38 and Kernel 3.0.2 operating systems.
- 72.2Mbps receive PHY rate and 72.2Mbps transmit PHY rate using 20MHz bandwidth
- 150Mbps receive PHY rate and 150Mbps transmit PHY rate using 40MHz bandwidth
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g devices while operating at 802.11n data rates
- Supports IEEE 802.11e QoS Enhancement (WMM)
- Supports IEEE 802.11i (WPA, WPA2) open, shared key, and pair-wise key authentication services
- Supports 64-bit and 128-bit WEP encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, and TKIP/AES security protocols
- Supports channel management and co-existence
- Supports Wake-On-WLAN via Magic Packet and Wake-up frame
- Supports Transmit Opportunity (TXOP) Short Inter-Frame Space (SIFS) bursting for higher multimedia bandwidth
- One Transmit and one Receive path (1T1R)
- 20MHz and 40MHz bandwidth transmission
- Short Guard Interval (400ns)
- Maximum data rate 54Mbps in 802.11g, and 150Mbps in 802.11n
- User's Manual (Nov 10, 2011)
- Quick Install Guide for Mac OS X (May 11, 2011)
- Win-Star Drivers for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32/64-bit) (Apr 24, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32/64-bit) ver 1086.48.0809.2011 (Apr 19, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.8 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.7 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.5 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.4 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Win-Star Drivers for Mac OS X 10.4-10.7 (Apr 25, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Linux Kernel 2.6.18 ~ 2.6.38 and Kernel 3.0.2 ver 184.108.40.206.20120403 (May 15, 2012)
- Win-Star Drivers for Linux (Mar 24, 2012)
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Microsoft, Windows, and Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
IEEE 802.11n (draft)
|Host Interface||High speed USB2.0/1.1 interface|
802.11n: up to 150Mbps (downlink) and 150Mbps (uplink)
802.11g: 54 / 48 / 36 / 24 / 18/ 12 / 9 / 6 Mbps auto fallback
802.11b: 11 / 5.5 / 2 / 1 Mbps auto fallback
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medical) Band|
|RF Frequency||2412 ~ 2462 MHz|
|Radio Channel||1 ~ 14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)|
|Range Coverage||Up to 3 times farther range than 802.11g|
|Antenna type||Integrated Antenna|
|Roaming||Full mobility and seamless roaming from cell to cell|
|RF Output Power||13 ~17 dBm (Typical)|
11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM with OFDM
11g: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, OFDM
11b: DQPSK, DBPSK, DSSS, CCK
64/128-bit WEP Encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK,
Auto-switching to use 802.11n or 802.11g or 802.11b mode
Supports Ad-Hoc, Infrastructure WLAN network
Data rate auto fall-back under noisy environment or longer range distance
Site Survey with Profile function
|Configuration & Management||
Plug-and-Play setup and installation
Management Utility supports Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
|Media Access Control||CSMA/CA with ACK|
|LED Indicator||Link/Active (Green)|
Windows 2000, XP (32/64-bit), Vista (32/64-bit), 7 (32/64-bit),
Linux, and Mac OS X
|Operating Temperature||+32 ~ +104°F (0 ~ 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +167°F (-20 ~ 75°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 ~ 90% (Non-condensing)|
|Storage Humidity||5 ~ 95% (Non-condensing)|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC, CE, RoHS, Wi-Fi|
|Mini USB Wireless Lan 802.11N Adapter - 1T1R (150Mbps)|
|Question: Will this USB Wifi Dongle work with The Mini HD Multimedia Player (PID - 7066)?|
|Answer: NO. This dongle will NOT work with anything that does not run under a Windows or Mac operating system.|
|Question: How do I set this up with my Mac?|
To setup the Wireless USB Dongles with your Mac go through the following steps:
1.) Make sure that the correct driver's have been installed on your Mac. Install them on the Mac just as you would any standard program.
3.) Insert your wireless USB adapter in a free USB slot.
4.) Next, in your main Applications folder, look for "USBWirelessUtility". (It may open automatically after inserting your wireless USB adapter) Open it and look at the different tabs. (Since this doesn’t use Apple’s de facto AirPort, e.g., putting an icon in the menu bar to indicate signal strength, it means it’s not as intuitive. However, it is more detailed.)
5.) Go to Wireless Utility Site Survey tab and click "CONNECT". (It’ll ask you to enter details accordingly. If you have security like WEP turned on, put that info in or you won’t be able to connect.)
6.) Go to Apple menu System Preferences Network.
7.) From the "Show" popup menu, select "Network Port Configurations".
8.) Click "New".
9.) Click "Port". You’ll see something like "Ethernet Adaptor (en1)".
10.) Give it a name, and click "OK".
11.) The port will show up in the list. (I dragged it to the top to give it the highest priority when trying to connect.)
12.) From "Show", select that Ethernet adaptor port.
13.) Under the "TCP/IP" tab, "Configure IPv4" should be "Using DHCP"
14.) Click "Apply Now". Shortly, it should refresh and show you numbers for "IP Address", "Subnet Mask", and "Router". If it doesn’t update, you may need to click "Renew DHCP Lease".
15.) OK-ing that and waiting a few moments you should see that you’re connected
|Question: What does the 1T1R, 2T2R, etc mean?|
|Answer: The 1T2R and 2T2R are the upload and download speeds. T = upload R = download. |
1T = 150mbps upload, 2T = 300mbps upload, 1R = 150mbps download and 2R = 300mbps download.
| rated by 85 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.