Mini DisplayPort 1.1 + USB to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
Connect your mini DisplayPort equipped MacBook®, laptop, or PC to a Dual-Link DVI display using this Mini DisplayPort + USB to Dual-Link DVI Adapter from Monoprice.
This adapter converts DisplayPort video to Dual-Link DVI video at resolutions up to 2560x1600. Additionally, it can convert to Single-Link DVI to resolutions up to 1920x1080. The adapter is fully compatible with the DisplayPort 1.1 specification and draws the necessary power from both the DisplayPort and USB connections. Note that this is not bidirectional and therefore will NOT convert DVI video to mini DisplayPort. Also note that this does not support audio.
- Complies with the DisplayPort version 1.1 standard
- Supports Dual-Link DVI resolutions up to 2560x1600
- Supports Single-Link DVI resolutions up to 1920x1080
- Supports up to 24-bit Deep Color (8-bits per channel)
- Draws power from the Mini DisplayPort and USB connections
- Supports up to 268.5 MHz bandwidth
Apple, Mac, iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The solution – (Again, for dual monitoring Mac mini users only) Use the mini-DVI output for your main display, and the mini display port for the secondary display. That way - disconnecting the second display (mini display port) will not affect the output on the main display (mini-DVI). This will not be an issue if you are using two monitors - and are not disconnecting your mini-DVI adapter.