Add Bluetooth™ functionality to your PC, or upgrade the Bluetooth version support on your existing system, by using this USB Bluetooth v4.0 Dongle from Monoprice!
This Bluetooth® adapter provides full support for the latest Bluetooth 4.0+EDR Dual Mode standard and is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, as well. It utilizes the Broadcomm BTW driver and supports both Single-mode and Dual-mode connections.
The driver for this adapter requires the Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, or Windows 7 operating systems, with somewhat diminished capabilities on Windows XP (see Specifications for full details). It is a Class 2 Bluetooth device with transmission power of up to 4dBm and a full data rate of up to 3Mbps.
- Full support for Bluetooth 4.0+ EDR Dual Mode
- Compliant with Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Uses GFSK & 8DPSK spread spectrum and modulations
- 128-bit encryption security
- Class 2 transmitter with up to 4dBm power
- Supports both Single-mode and Dual-mode connections
- Compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy devices
- Quick Installation Guide for Windows Vista/7 (Apr 13, 2012)
- Quick Installation Guide for Windows XP (Apr 13, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows Vista/7 (Aug 4, 2011)
- Drivers for Windows XP (Jul 25, 2011)
- Distribution disc for Windows (Apr 13, 2012)
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
|Primary Standard||Bluetooth 4.0+EDR Dual Mode|
|Compliant Standard||Bluetooth 2.1+EDR|
|Typical Spread Spectrum and Modulation||GFSK & 8DPSK|
|Operating Frequency||2.4 ~ 2.4835 GHz|
|Transmission Rate||up to 3Mbps|
|Transmission Power||Class 2, up to 4dBm|
|Bit Error Rate||
< 0.01% BER, 3Mbps, at -75dBm
< 0.01% BER, 2Mbps, at -80dBm
< 0.1% BER, 1Mbps, at -80dBm
|Power Consumption||50mA TX (typical)|
|Windows XP/Vista/7 Profile Support||
A2DP,AVCTP, AVDTP, AVRCP, BIP, BPP, DUN-DT,
DUN-GW, FAX, FT, GAP, GAVDP, HCRP, HSP,
HFP-AG, HID, OPP, PAN, SDP
|Windows Vista/7 Profile Support||Generic Attribute, Find Me Profile, Proximity Profile|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||0.7" x 0.6" x 0.3" (18 x 14 x 7 mm)|
|Weight||0.1 oz (2.5g)|
|Operating Temperature Range||+14 ~ +122°F (-10 ~ +50°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4 ~ +158°F (-20 ~ +70°C)|
|Ambient Relative Humidity||≤ 90%|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows XP*/Vista/7|
|Regulatory Compliance||CE, FCC, BQB|
* Windows XP provides support for fewer profiles than Windows Vista and Windows 7.
| rated by 100 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.